It may not be Paris or Rome, but on this walking tour, you’ll discover why Ljubljana should be on everyone’s travel list.
Join our walking tour and discover the beauty of this picturesque town. Explore its charming cobblestone streets, visit it’s iconic landmarks and find out why many consider it to be one of the last undiscovered urban gems in Europe. With our expertly crafted narratives, you’ll uncover fascinating stories about Ljubljana’s past and its people from its medieval origins to the modern-day, from swamp-dwellers to Romans and finally Slavs.
We start our walk in Prešeren Square, everyone’s favorite square, and visit the nearby Triple Bridge. We then continue down Plečnik’s stunning Colonnade towards the central market, Butcher’s Bridge and Dragon Bridge where we turn around and head back through the old medieval town, visiting various attractions along the way. We eventually cross the river back to the west bank and finish our tour in Congress Square, the most political square in Ljubljana.
The entire walk is in Ljubljana’s central pedestrian zone, a completely flat and wheelchair-accessible area.
Along the way you will hear many entertaining stories behind the things you see, and answers to questions like:
•Why we have a triple-bridge and pink church in our central square?
• Who was Plečnik and why we call it Plečnik’s Ljubljana?
• Why does the town hall have two conflicting architectural styles?
• Why wasn’t the Dragon Bridge called the Dragon Bridge when it was first unveiled?
• Why is the most important baroque fountain in Ljubljana built out of two different types of stone?
• Why is Santa Clause the patron saint of Ljubljana Cathedral?
Get ready to discover Ljubljana in a whole new dimension – join our walking tour today!